Thursday, August 30, 2012

So there's good news and some itty bitty bad news...

Update:

I went to my new doctor for the first time yesterday. Uuuuuum, I am SO glad I made the decision to switch!!!

So here's the Reader's Digest version:

          Good News -- We are very likely able to get pregnant on our own (without IVF or other help)because 1) I am most likely not ovulating and 2) I very possibly have PCOS. I, myself, have known this for a while and my new doctor thinks we need to really exhaust those two things before we do anything else because she said there are ways to treat them that will increase chances of pregnancy. While I am happy to hear that, I certainly feel slapped in the face by my last doctor, who did not address either of these issues EVEN THOUGH I brought them up to him and to my nurses there in the very beginning. Doesn't it upset you when people ignore you, like you are a complete moron and really have no clue about your own body, etc.? Rrrrrr... Oh! And she also said that Chris's 4% sperm morphology is actually NOT an issue and is termed 'normal' in her office. So the turtle IS fertile!!! Yay!

          Okay, and now for the bad news -- She said that no matter how "great" my eggs look, age really is a huge factor in healthy pregnancy, viable pregnancy, full-term pregnancy, etc. So, I'm depressed, but we have felt prompted to do this, so I have to rely on that and not freak out over what medecine says. But she also did say that, even with the age thing, she has seen that rule broken time and time again. So, it may not be that bad...

Oh! And here's the other things that chaps me a little, while my old doctor didn't come out and say we were excellent candidates for IVF, he also didn't tell me I wasn't when I DID say it. And my new doctor did correct me. I mean, really, I have nothing against anyone who wants to make money...but I do take issue with being so money hungry that you walk that fine line of what's honest and ethical in your business dealings. Double rrrr... Whatever.

But, the my new doc did say she wanted to try and see me again next Tuesday (yay???) but it is entirely dependent upon whether or not my old doctor's office will send all my lab and testing results over so she can go over them. Say a little prayer for me that they'll make it over? I would explain why it's important that I keep this appointment on Tuesday, but that would be bordering on TMI, so...just a prayer is good! :) Lol!

...

No comments:

Post a Comment