Thursday, October 11, 2012

Gimme an "F!"

OMGosh...late last night I remembered that I was supposed to blog on Monday. I swear...I SHOULD be pregnant for as absent-minded as I feel. I've started being part of the PTO here and it's a lot of work. There is something to do just about every day, it amazes me. I think that's part of why I'm more scattered.

But anyway, as wonderful as it would be if I were pregnant all of a sudden (and it stuck), alas, I am not. BUT, I did end up getting an appointment for last Friday, instead of Monday, which was truly fortuitous because I cycled that day. (Sorry, if there are any guys who read this.)

So,  on Friday the doctor had all my records (finally), I got an ultra-sound and a blood draw, and we started a "plan" for baby making. Woohoo! She's started me on Follistrum (sp?) shots, which is straight FSH. We are bypassing the Clomed (sp?) route altogether and just going for it! So, I started the shots on Saturday and, I'm not really one for shots so it freaked me out a little to do them on myself, but this needle is SO tiny that I can't even feel it. That's so strange to me. I keep expecting it to hurt.

Anyway, I went back in yesterday (Wednesday) for another ultra-sound and blood draw so she could check how my body is accepting the medicine and my follicles are growing (Yay! "F" is for follicles!!)...almost a little too much, in fact. So she decreased my dosage and I go in again this Friday for another ultra-sound and blood draw. We will be ready to "try" in a few days. Chris is actually leaving in about a week for a whole month (I know, right!) so we are just barely going to squeak it in this month. It would be nice if we had the full 3 days to try, but I'm really grateful for at least one day. All things considering, I'm not overly optimistic anything will happen this month, but when he comes home he will be back JUST IN TIME to try again next month. So, there's a blessing in there, I think.

Okay, so that's the news and I think I'll set an alarm in my phone for Monday! Lol!!!

...

No comments:

Post a Comment