Monday, October 15, 2012

Probably literally a baker's dozen!

So right now I have a "better than sex" cake beginning in the oven. And I have to say I think I take issue with that right now. :D Mostly because I know that the only thing "better than..." for me, at this point, is making babies, emphasis on the "babies" part.

Anyway, so we have quite the news! (Nope, not pregnant yet...read on.) I went to my appointment this last Friday morning and the doctor did another ultrasound and he found 6 perfect follicles (ie. eggs) in my ovaries! Yay! Well, in order to make the eggs drop (or ovulate) they gave me this syringe of a medicine called Ovidrel (sp?). You give yourself the shot and then you wait about 12 hours and then you can try. So my doctor said that I could go home and give myself the shot and then between the 12-36 hours window later we could start trying.

So I came home and Chris gave me the shot and we were like, "Okay...well, no getting off now!" Since Chris is leaving soon (this Wed) we really felt like this was a good thing because now we weren't rushed. Well, 2 hours later I get a call from the doctor's office. The nurse tells me that I need to wait to take the shot because my blood test came back and my levels (levels of what, I'm not sure) are really high. Of course, I tell her, "Uh...little late!" (lol) So she says she'll call the doctor and then call me back.

Well, the doctor called me back like 2 seconds later and explains to me that basically each egg has a level (again with this level thing...) of 150-200 and my levels are over 2000! So we're talking 10 eggs or more! Which is considerably more than he had seen or supposed that morning. Soooooooo, we had a nice long talk about repurcussions and choices and what if's, etc. etc., but ultimately he left the decision up to us, with a strong recommendation to wait. I know! Talk about disappointing!

So, I called my mom and I talked to some girlfriends...(hey! I'm a girl. It's what we do...) and everyone was, of course, supportive. Then I called Chris and we chatted, but it wasn't until I got home that we threw around our thoughts. Chris was leaning towards going ahead anyway, but I kept waffling and doing the freak out thing because, let's face it, I'm not interested in dropping a litter.

Well, that night I realized that, you know, if I couldn't decide what to do, that I should err on the side of the doctor's opinion to wait. I told Chris, he was okay with it (but not excited) so we didn't try at the 12 hour mark.

The next morning, however, I woke up feeling a little calmer about it. My mom had told us to pray about it and I realized that maybe I should get a blessing. (Duh! I always forget about that.) So Chris gave me one and it was pretty clear that it was okay to try. It's so interesting how the atmosphere changes between us (me and Chris), and probably every other couple on the planet, when you're trying to get pregnant and there's a really good chance that it will actually happen. Needless to say, Chris was so sweet to me all day, like I actually was pregnant. And I'll admit,...I kind of liked it! :)

So, now it's a waiting game. In about two weeks I'll take a pregnancy test and get back to you! Well, I'll blog between now and then because something will surely come up, but I won't know anything for another two weeks. If I had my choice, and I know this sounds crazy, I think I'd like this to be my last pregnancy and have twins or triplets. I know, I said I knew it sounded crazy, but...I just want babies SO BAD!

Anyway, we shall see...stay tuned!

...

2 comments:

  1. Good LUck Lori! I hope that there is a plus sign in two weeks, and when the ultrasound eventually occurs that there are one or two babies. Wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lori I hope you know that I am rooting for you so hard! You have worked so hard and so deserve this blessing. Multiples would be crazy awesome huh!? Praying for you to have success this time around.

    ReplyDelete